Revenue Executive – Hamburg
Generator Hostels – Hamburg Location (United Kingdom)
Generator Hostels provides budget accommodation for the budget conscious traveller and currently has existing hostels in London and Berlin. In 2011 Generator Hostels will be opening a further 3 new hostels in 3 cities, Copenhagen, Dublin and Hamburg.
With the current growth and expansion of the new properties an exciting and challenging opportunity as a Revenue Executive has arisen within our Generator Hostel in Hamburg.
We are looking to recruit a Revenue Executive for our Hamburg hostel in order to maximise sales and revenue for the Hostel by working closely with the Group Revenue Manager and the General Manager of the property. You will be responsible for overseeing all the rates and reservations for the hostel.
This position is ideal for someone who is wishing to seek new challenges within a very competitive industry such as the budget accommodation/hostel market.
The main goal of this role is to ensure that Generator Hostel is maximising room occupancy, rates and sales by using historical and current data to ensure the best available rates and occupancies are being achieved for the hostel.
This role will require you to assist the Group Revenue Manager and General Manager on all revenue matters for the hostel which is scheduled to open in end of 2011 as you will be part of the pre-opening team ensuring that all reservation bookings are managed and entered into the reservation system before the opening of the hostel and to manage all future bookings and pricing strategies. You will also have to communicate to the Reception Manager about all room reservation, group bookings and cancellations.
You will possess sound knowledge of revenue and reservations and have experience of working in a challenging environment. Have a good understanding of Excel and an ability to learn the use of in house packages and programmes, excellent analytical and numeracy skills and great interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with Heads of Departments and maintain good relations with internal and external customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working on all revenue channels to ensure maximisation of sales. Such as:
- Direct sales
- Online bookings
- Third party booking channels
- Universities, Schools and Colleges
- To maintain all online booking sites with regards to availability and price structures for the hostel.
- Update the Hamburg website with current prices.
- Understand and track competitors rates and prices and compare them to our own prices
- Understand and manage events to optimise total sales
- Continue to develop and improve pricing analysis for effective yield management.
- To update and manage all online descriptions and images for Generator Hamburg using the branding toolbox.
- Inform the reception department on all room allocations, cancellations and bookouts.
- To have communication and close teamwork with the Reception team to ensure the revenue pricing structures are being followed.
- Regular meetings with the Group Revenue Manager and General Manager to discuss pricing strategies for the Hamburg property, this includes producing minutes and revenue reports for the meetings.
- Working with the Group Revenue Manager and General Manager to continue to build existing relationships with sales channels with the goal to improve revenue through these sources.
Experience and skills required:
- 2 years previous experience in Yield/Revenue Management
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Second language preferable but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Office programs
- Proven experience in strategic revenue management
- A qualification in hospitality management or revenue management
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage 3rd party websites
- Proven experience of market segmentation within the travel industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team player
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Sets and executes high performance standards
- Demonstrates an energetic, self-motivated and flexible approach within the working environment.
- Front Office or reception experience would be beneficial
- Must be fluent in German and English
Generator Hostels provides budget accommodation for the budget conscious traveller and currently has existing hostels in London and Berlin. In June 2011 Generator Hostels opened a further two hostels in Copenhagen and Dublin and now our Hamburg hostel will be following at the end of 2011. Generator Hostels is projected to be one of the leading and growing hostels brands within the budget accommodation industry and we pride ourselves as being one of the leading hostel brands in Europe as the Generator concept is one that is unique and exciting. We are not just an accommodation provider but we want to offer our guest more than just a bed, but a sense of community and a memorable experience.
- August 5, 2011
- Mid-Senior level
- Business Development
- Job ID:
To apply please click here.